Aluminum-Clad Horizontal Sliding Doors
Corrosion-Resistant Horizontal Slider Doors
With decades of experience in some of the toughest cold storage and food processing environments, we’ve developed an enhanced “standard door” built for long-term performance.
This door may look like an ordinary cold storage door with galvanized metal cladding. But the details matter! We build this door with aluminum, which is corrosion-resistant. Plus, the funnel track system is easier to keep clean and has a profile shaped for easy moisture ejection.
This horizontal sliding door can be ordered as a single slide or a bi-parting door, and for motorized or manual operation.
Aluminum Clad Horizontal Door Highlights
Hygienic and Safe
Our aluminum-clad sliding door has an ultra-clean tube rail system, void-free panels, wood-free construction, and redundant safety features. (U.L. Listed)
Durable aluminum covers the door’s panels, allowing these sliding doors to stand up to all types of chemicals and wear and tear.
Light and Strong
With a lightweight exterior and durable interior construction, this horizontal sliding door boasts the best of both worlds.
Maximum Thermal Performance
Our cold storage doors are designed with advanced insulation technology to minimize heat transfer and save on energy costs.
Nowhere for bacteria to hide
We understand the importance of hygiene in your industry. That is why we developed CleanCor™, a void-free foam core at the center of all our doors.
Without a void-free construction and quality hardware, moisture can collect at hardware penetrations, creating an environment for bacteria to grow.
We place door panels in a heated press and inject them with 2 lb per cubic foot polyurethane foam, which makes the doors void-free and provides maximum R-value for thermal performance.
The Ultimate Design for Energy Efficiency
Seals that Actually Seal
Our doors feature panel-mounted gaskets with dual blades. The blades create a tight seal against the door frame and maintain temperature control in your facility. Plus, an adjustable bottom sweep provides an additional seal to improve energy efficiency.
Premium Foam Insulation
We inject a closed-cell polyurethane core for maximum R-value. The door’s core resists heat flow and maintains the desired temperature in your cold storage facility.
A Better Sliding Door System
Smooth Aluminum Funnel Track
Our specialized track system is made of aircraft-grade aluminum and designed for smooth operation, corrosion resistance, and efficient moisture ejection.
Choose from various power-operated actuator options, including hands-free actuators, push buttons, and safety lights.
The casings are constructed using extruded aluminum with a thermal barrier incorporated, enhancing thermal performance and strength.
Doors are equipped with durable hardware, including stainless steel bushings and bearings.
Strong Aluminum Inner Frame
Extruded aluminum offers a durable but lightweight construction that is naturally corrosion-resistant.
Virtually any size panel is available, at 4” or 6” thickness. Larger panels may need to be built in multiple sections for shipping considerations.
Closed Cell Foam
- Door panels are placed in a heated press and injected with 2 lb. per cubic foot closed cell polyurethane foam.
- 2 lb. foam provides the maximum R-value for thermal performance (roughly R-7.5 per inch).
Metal Clad Casings (Frame)
- Our casings are made from thermally-broken extruded aluminum with closed-cell polyurethane inserts.
- Jamb depths are built to virtually any size, accommodating any wall type or depth.
- 1” thick jambs are standard.
- Jamb caps (C Channels that wrap the wall) are also available.
Aluminum Funnel Track and Hardware
Our aluminum funnel track is heavy-duty and extruded from aircraft aluminum. Its’ shape allows for fast moisture ejection. The trolleys have large-diameter HDPE wheels. Bushings and bearings are stainless steel.
- Aluminum-clad panels are custom-built to fit specific dimensions, ensuring a precise fit for your application.
- The panels are constructed with an extruded aluminum inner frame and reinforced in the corners with a steel bracket and behind all hardware.
- Exterior of the panels is 24 ga. white painted aluminum, featuring a stucco embossed texture.
- The metal-wrapped door is then injected with closed-cell polyurethane foam for maximum thermal performance and strength.
We have built countless custom doors for unique applications. If you have a design challenge, please contact us to brainstorm ideas.
Freezer Door Heat
We use 120-volt, self-regulating heater wire in the perimeter of our doors for freezer applications. The heat runs on all four sides of the door panel and all three sides of the door opening.
Power Operator Option
- Reliable power operation: NEMA4X operator controlling an IP55 operator
- Enhanced safety features: Inside safety release with power disconnect, integrated safety sensors including pneumatic safety edge, and photo eyes as a redundant backup
- Standard pull cord stations that are convenient and easy-to-use
- Additional actuator options: Push buttons, remote controls, photo sensors, loop detectors, hands-free wave sensors
What Clients Say
“Your firm always jumps through hoops when it comes to getting the doors to us in an awesome time frame compared to the competition. As always, we thank you for your help in making sure our customers are well taken care of.”
– National Thermal Contractor
Give us a call/email to discuss your projects or for a quote:
8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Central Time)