Job: SolidWorks Production Designer
Weiland, Inc., a leading manufacturer of doors and windows for the food and pharmaceutical industry, is hiring a Production Designer based out of our Norfolk, Nebraska facility. This role is responsible for analyzing customer submittals and creating detailed designs of products using SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD. Candidates must have a thorough knowledge of SOLIDWORKS. The Production Designer will be a key member of the design team to create designs and prepare files to send to our advanced machinery – including Amada Laser, press brakes, and CNC routers.
- RTransform rough product designs or shop drawings into production-ready designs using SOLIDWORKS.
- RDevelop 3D models by analyzing prototypes and 2D drawings.
- RCreate drawings and models from written and verbal specifications obtained from quoting/sales department, design team, and others.
- RWork closely with other departments to ensure coordination and communication is maintained and that designed parts fit up as intended.
- RComplete project responsibilities within scope and schedule.
- RReview drawings for completeness and accuracy.
- RHelp prepare customer submittal drawings as needed.
- ROther duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- RAssociate degree in a related area – such as drafting preferred
- R1-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area is preferred
- RExperience with sheet metal fabrication is a plus
Pay & Benefits
- RFull-time Position
- RCompetitive Starting Pay
- RHealthcare insurance stipend
- RTwo weeks paid vacation
- R401K with company match (4% matched at 5% contributed)
- RShort-term disability plan
- RProfit share
Weiland Inc. has manufactured doors and windows for the world’s largest food producers since 1984, including at least 90% of the top 10 companies in each of the Meat & Poultry, Dairy, Ready-to-Eat Meals and Entres, and Snack and Appetizer market sectors, as well as 55% of the broad list top 100 food and beverage companies in North America. Still we are poised for tremendous growth as the only company in the nation with products designed for the needs of our customers.
Design Team Hours: 6:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Monday to Thursday, 6:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Friday
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402-454-2106 with any questions.